Affordable & Income-Restricted Housing
- We are past the deadline of application acceptance (May 15, 2023 11:59 PM) and are no longer accepting applications to the lottery waitlist.
- The deadline to apply for the Lottery was May 15, 2023 11:59 PM (mailed applications must be postmarked by this date). Applications received after this date will not be included in the Lottery and will be entered on a waitlist based on the date/time stamp of the application receipt following those ranked Lottery applicants.
- All applicants must be determined eligible in accordance with the Department of HUD regulations and must meet the family size requirements for a designated bedroom size (maximum of 2 persons per bedroom; minimum of 1 person per bedroom preference) as well as maximum income of all family members (please see our website for limits). Your application must also be completed to be eligible for a lottery submission. If your application shows that you are eligible, you will be notified in writing by mail or electronic mail prior to the Lottery date and you will be provided an Application Registration Number (ineligible applicants will also be notified in writing and will be provided the chance to appeal). Only eligible applications will be entered into the Lottery. Your place on the waitlist will be decided by a lottery.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR POSITION ON THE WAITLIST MAY NOT BE DICTATED BY YOUR LOTTERY NUMBER SINCE THOSE WITH A PREFERENCE WILL TAKE PRIORITY.
- For more information, language assistance, or reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities, please call 617.972.7900 | TTY: 711 or email [email protected].
- The minimum income standard (non-subsidized homes) is based on gross monthly household income which is at least 2.5x the monthly rent. Rent is subject to change at any time.
- Maximum Income is based on the number of persons in the household, as per LIHTC guidelines. See below.
- *Rental assistance is available for 15 homes. Rents not to exceed 30% of gross household income. Referrals made via HomeStart and DMH, Please contact their office to inquire.